Tuesday 2 October 2012

Photoshop Filters Vs. Colour Stained Prints.

Colour Filters in Photoshop
1. I opened photoshop and open the photograph I wished to put a filter on.
2. Then I clicked the image tab, adjustments and photo filter.
3. A box comes up with a drop down menu and there was my selection of colours to choose from.
4. Once I was happy with a colour, the density meter can be dragged up to have a stronger colour, or down to have a softer and more subtle effect that is less noticed.
 Here is my first result, I chose a red filter because it could symbolise love or happiness, the pink made it less harsh  because red could get confused with anger, I liked it quite strong so that it doesn't look faded or unintentional.
 Because of the smoke and the cold day it was here, blue seemed appropriate, it was a deep blue so that the cyan one didn't look too bright because this looked like it would present a different weather. I liked how the smoke appeared lighter the stringer I made the density of the filter.
Sepia filter looked quite natural, not relating to the scene but gave the photograph a more vintage look to it and it seemed as if it had aged it. Even when on the highest density (above) this filter was quite light, but I liked the subtleness of it because it matched the relaxing stance and composition of her and the quiet surrounding.
These 2 above are filtered by using food colorant. This didn't work well because the surface didn't dry at all and remained sticky, also the wax like surface of the prints didn't help with the coating of colorant going on equally and smoothly. Although the first one looked like the weather was made quite rainy because of the little droplets and the colour blue making it feel quite cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment